Hi all,

Here's a few links from my talk last night about the OpenAustralia
Foundation[0] site PlanningAlerts[1].

As I mentioned, our application code[2] and scraper code[3] are free
software and available for your forking pleasure if you'd like to get
involved[4].

A really great way to get involved, even if you have little
programming experience, is to look at building a scraper for an area
we're missing[5] using ScraperWiki[6]. There are excellent
tutorials[7] that cover writing scrapers in Python, Ruby and PHP and
you can check out scrapers already written for PlanningAlerts to see
what others have done[8]. You don't need to download or set up
anything to get started.

If you're keen to do this, ping me an email and I can send you links
to even more information and help.

Thanks to everyone for the opportunity to give this talk.

Cheers,

Henare

[0] http://www.openaustraliafoundation.org.au/
[1] http://www.planningalerts.org.au/