I'm not scamproof myself.. I've been scammed in europe a few times..

I too got the email..

I was ready to send the cash.. being stuck in europe with no cash and no
cards (doubly bad if you're in a country where they don't/can't speak
english).

Anyway, there were some funny logic problems in the email.. I'm just
pointing
out for entertainment purposes..

"Pay the hotel bill".. well in europe most of the time you have to prepay.
The
hotel takes a swipe of your credit card when you arrive. Even if you lose
your
card, the hotel can still take it's payment.

"Robbed at gunpoint". Like in Australia, it doesn't happen that much in the
UK.

"Going to the airport soon". Well, it costs money to go to the airport like
here.
If the flight is leaving soon, no need to pay the hotel bill. Just make the
flight..

etc..

well if not for those logic errors, I was close to sending money..