one day I turned on my Kubuntu 11.04 linux home server
and it didn't boot
Nothing Nada
Then after inserting the install cd I used the command line to install grub (sudo apt-get install grub)
Now at least my computer boots the grub command line (thats an improvement)
Now if only the newly installed grub could find the previously installed Linux kernel and kick it into action
PS
I have tried to search for the appropriate hard drive files but most documentation says to use the "find" command
which doesn't exist in the latest versions of grub

Thanks

        Stephen