Sonia Hamilton wrote:
I'm looking for a GUI that allows me to search and replace in multiple
files, then leaves open the files that have changed - any pointers?

I regularly open multiple files with the default text editor on Ubuntu (which is http://www.gedit.org).

If I close the app, I think, though can't guarantee this, it closes the files I haven't changed and asks me whether I want to save the rest.

It may also preserve parameters of the replace command across files that are open at any time.

Is that the kind of thing you are looking for?

For example, I want to replace "def fubar" with "def snafu" across 50
files. I then want to close all the files that didn't have changes, so I
can investigate the changed files in more detail (yes, I'm refactoring).

PS I know about sed, and how to edit multiple files in vim [1].

[1]
(http://blog.stevenocchipinti.com/2011/05/search-and-replace-in-multiple-files.html).

--
Sonia.