On 6/09/2011 12:25, pe...@chubb.wattle.id.au wrote:
"Nigel" == Nigel Allen<d...@edrs.com.au>  writes:
Nigel>  On 26/08/2011 12:14, Nick Andrew wrote:
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:13:09AM +1000, Peter Chubb wrote:
what are people using for TODO, address book and calendar
Text file, kaddressbook, Google Calendar.

Nigel>  Stupid question perhaps but why not use Google contacts which
Nigel>  sync with Android automagically?

I don't want my private data to be held by a third party who are not
even Australian.  I don't like Google's policies, and have not agreed
to their terms and conditions (which, among other things, say that
they can at any time remove your access to your data, do not have to
explain why, and do not have to give it back).

I've heard of a number of cases where a person has unknowingly
transgressed some part of Google's terms of service, and has
consequently lost all of his/her data --- when google turns off access
at their server, the phone deletes it too!

So I want to sync to a funambol (or equivalent) server that I host,
backup, and control.  Not to some entity I have no personal contact
with in the `cloud'.

Peter C
Okay, - like I said "stupid question perhaps", but a solid answer - thanks.

N/