After I installed open SUSE 11.4 on 5/May/11 the system booted OK, normally,
through to the Gnome desktop.
Sometime later an automatic update occurred after which I have only been able
to boot through in failsafe mode. Letting in boot through normally makes for
the display disappearing off the screen but I think it is still booting through
because, after I allow the time expected for a full boot through, I can
hear/instigate sounds.
Subsequent updates haven't corrected this fault and it's occurred the same on 2
separate installations - one on a pentium 4 HP, the other on a 64 bit P5 Acer.
Anyone with any solutions to this?