Can someone run through Unity at Slug in detail as a talk. This new interface certainly needs a sales pitch for me. I switched without problems from KDE to Gnome, Windows XP to Windows 7 so why do I need help to work with Unity yet it is 'better'.

Ken

Jeremy said...

That’s because the feature has been removed. GNOME Panel is but a shadow
of its former self.

Those suggesting that you use GNOME Classic are either idiots and don’t
think you need such functionality, or haven’t bothered using it for more
than about 5 minutes to find out that it’s watered down so.

To be fair, I don’t think that the GNOME team actually intended for
anybody to use Classic on a daily basis. Rather, I get the impression
that it is only useful as a recovery environment if compositing isn’t
working.

You should either use the full GNOME 3 including GNOME Shell, or
continue to use GNOME 2 until you feel you’re ready.