2011/10/24 Marghanita da Cruz <marghan...@ramin.com.au>

> There is also Lightweight Portable Security (LPS)-A Linux distro from the
> US DOD.

LPS interests me, and from the very little I know about LPS and tiny core
linux (TCL) they seem similar in that they have a file system blob that gets
loaded into memory, so any malware can affect the files in memory, but if
you reboot, you get a clean slate.

The idea is if you want to do some (eg) banking, you reboot, do your banking
on a known clean environment, then after you've finished, you reboot again.

One of these days I will try TCL. TCL is run by the guy who was the work
horse behind DSL.