The other option CPANEL provides (or at least the configuration my ISP
currently offers) is

TikiWiki "designed to be an international, clean and extensible Content
Management System and Groupware that can be used to create all sorts of web
applications, sites, portals, intranets and extranets. TikiWiki also works
great as a web-based collaboration tool. TikiWiki has a lot of native
options and sections that you can enable/disable as you need them."
http://tiki.org/

Also this application of MediaWiki 1.17.0" might be of interest:
"The Cancer Council Australia wiki platform is web-based information and education on clinical practice guidelines and that can be constantly updated." <http://wiki.cancer.org.au/australia/Main_Page>

I am mulling over two applications of a wiki. The first is to aid
collaborative authoring of books/documents which have a freeze date.

The second application, is to possibly one day to manage the content of
Annandale on the Web <http://ramin.com.au/annandale>. This is currently
handcrafted HTML. I don't envisage this ever being collaborative - just one
editor but lots of hyperlinks/references.

Marghanita
Daniel Solsona wrote:
gitit.net also looks very good.

I'm using mediawiki myself, but I'll probably try gitit.

El 21 de novembre de 2011 9:17, onlyjob <only...@gmail.com> ha escrit:

My favourite are dokuwiki (PHP) and ikiwiki (Perl).
Both do not use DB backend.
Ikiwiki rely on git with some of its functionaly, like another
interesting one - git-wiki (Ruby).

I'm sure you know about wikimatrix.org web site where you can find
heaps of information about many wiki.
However at the moment I can't open this useful site.... :(

Good luck - please let us know about you choice when you make it.

Regards,
Dmitry.