hi all,

wanted to ask you for some advice... i need a new laptop, and here's my
needs:

must have's:
* SSD hard drive (or at least a quick HD)
* at least 8 Gig's RAM (12-16 Gig's would be ideal)
* two finger scroll on the touchpad (like macbook pro's etc have as a
default)
* solid robust reliable hardy hardware

would really love:
* beautiful 15" screen (good hi-res one with a nice looking display)
* nice form for the laptop in general (aka, just looks beautiful :) ah...
i've been swayed by few things "apple"

Is there anything you can recommend?

I want to stay away from apple because:
* I use linux (ubuntu) for all development anyway (in a VM)
* Mostly i'm just using the browser for just about everything else (email
(gmail), documents (google docs), etc)
* Hate the way they are chasing samsung trying to block galaxy tabs...:)

would really appreciate the recommendation of people in this group, if
anyone knows linux, it's you guys :)

simran.