Is anyone on the list using Android for a significant amount of work?

I've been considering the Asus Transformer for the ability to have a proper keyboard and touch pad and then use it as a tablet when that's all I want.

However, I see it as a bigger version of my phone - with a bigger keyboard.

Connecting to another device or text-based work (writing, blogging etc) - sure. Past that, I'm not clear either what level of 'work' one is able to achieve.

You could connect to your home machine and then get it to do the hard work???

Correct me if I'm wrong :)) but unless you're using some cloud-based server to do the hard work (eg. using Piknic for your photo editing) I would imagine Android wouldn't be as useful or capable as having a proper 'nix install.

Given I only have Android on my phone, I really can't say I've enough experience on which to base a globally useful reply :))

Regards,

Patrick