I have a transistor serial port.. Yeah they are cool.

If its SOC that means the serial port is actually inside the processor
itself like an AVR.

Just have to find out which pins they are ie RX/TX.

First step for me is tracking down which pins they are.

As for the kernel, it must be problematic for an outsider to do.

Getting a bog standard debian to run is still quite a good achievement.

Im just thinking of using these cheap pads and redoing the cases.

The whole pad computer w Lcd comes to the same price as the lcd alone.

Case was easy to open. I can't remember right now how. I think a small
- driver at a strategic point on the case released a clip.

I'll try find out what it was later.