Have you tried the File>Save As>File option? It provides the facility to save emails and attachments from thunderbird to the file system including external disks.

Where do the options of Documents, Music, Video etc show up?

Marghanita

Ben Donohue wrote:
Hi all,

I have a NAS box and it is visible in Gnome file browser. I can save files to it fine.

When I open Thunderbird and have an attachment to save, I'm only able to save to local folders, rather than the NAS drive.

In thunderbird it has Documents, Music, Videos, etc but no network drive.

Is there a way in Thunderbird to mount a drive or is there somewhere else in Gnome to have a default network location that apps like thunderbird use for their places to save?

(Using Centos)
Thanks,
Ben

--