>From reading Planet Gnome PiTiVi is in active development. Though I
have never used it.

http://www.pitivi.org/

In 2009 I 'edited' a 2 minute video in Kino. It was first and only
attempt at video editing. Though I manage to overlay some text along
side an PNG and apply a blur effect for a few seconds. A little bit of
back and fourth, but a good learning experience.

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Patrick Elliott-Brennan
<elliottbren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rod wrote
>> Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 09:44:44 +1100
>> Subject: [SLUG] Linux video editors - any good ?
>> I need to edit and format videos for uploading to UTube, on Linux,
> preferably using a free program (no budget !).
>> I last tried this on Linux a few years ago and encountered so many bugs
> and limitations with Kino, Kdenlive and LIVES that I gave up and used a
> cheap proprietary Windows program.
>> Is there any fully-usable free Linux editor yet ?
>> thanks
>> Rod
>
> Hi Rod,
>
> If you have a quick look at
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TepTD2_3e7U&list=UUsA22G-Vg4Jexx-0W_SRyTg&index=6&feature=plcp
>
> Or
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8j3e10Q1Zw&list=UUsA22G-Vg4Jexx-0W_SRyTg&index=9&feature=plcp
>
> Or
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkrdQ7LFwAU&list=UUsA22G-Vg4Jexx-0W_SRyTg&index=10&feature=plcp
>
> You'll find some videos edited with a combination of KDEnlive, GIMP and
> SMILE and a program I cant remember (I'm in Fiji on hols - good excuse I
> know :))
>
> I find that I need a combination of applications to get some effects I
> want. Then again there's not really any individual program within the
> propriety world that does it all either :)
>
> I've found no general issues with KDEnlive so am curious as to what issues
> you came across. When I get back (10 days) I'll be more than happy to
> correspond more frequently to help out.
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick
> --