At work I (and others) log on to a Unix system from a M$ desktop via Samba.
Every file I we create via this connection has has the access rights of 744.
We would prefer this be to be 664

I have tried this with create mask and force create mode but it does not work.
Can any one suggest a solution.

PS. Is there a reference book the explains Samba in simple and  plain language?
Every time I read literature on Samba, it is always written in complex dialect compubabale that only alpha geeks can understand.
That approach does not help persuade the general public to take up Samba

Chris Allen