Hi all,

an update on where I am at.

Interestingly the easiest way to find a freedom loving computer, is actually with this laptop

 http://www.lemote.com/en/products/Notebook/2010/0310/112.html

Meets all requirements, apparently it is the laptop Richard Stallman uses.
However, while I will likely get one in the future, I am still after a good desktop machine. I have come to the conclusion that I won't get a free bios, but I can select a motherboard that is reported to work well with Coreboot, and flash it myself. There are a number of boards that both meet my technical needs, and also support Coreboot, the problem is that I am still going through the components to determine what they need. While I do want to support AMD, it is looking like it will be easier going the Intel path, as the motherboards that support AMD seem to have more a of a mish-mash of components.

Anyway, just an update.
I'll let you know how I go, and what compromises I end up making if I have to make them.

Cheers

Tuxta