Hi folks,

I'm not sure what to search around for, so I'd like to start my investigations
here at SLUG.

Is any one aware of software (pref. OSS - but if it has to be commercial) that
can be used to manage a group of appliance like servers.

I'll explain more.

I'm looking to build what will effectively be cost-effective 2nd-tier
appliance, LAMP-stack type servers to enable bus. dept.s to have fast
stand-alone solutions built without having to include them in the enterprise
Websphere environment and its associated costs.

The thinking at the moment is running along the lines of possibly having a
cut-down cPanel (or the like) to administer each box separately.

But would also want some type of software that could be used to administer each
separate server ... effectively as a group ... from within a single UI. Whether
that has an agent installed on each 'client' server or how it is configured, I
don't know yet.

But, have to start somewhere.

Can anyone help please?

Kyle