I've given up trying to recycle old computers.

Scavenge any parts that you can and the rest goes to Sim's Metal. They recycle everything. The first time I went there with 3 old boxen, they apologised because they couldn't pay me for such a small load, but I was delighted it wasn't going to landfill. Every other recycler seemed to want to get paid to pick them up.

If you have a pallet load, they might give you something for them. I'm not sure what their limits are.

Alternatively, there is a branch of Reverse Garbage that restores and resells old computers.

http://www.simsmm.com/au/contact-us/
http://www.facebook.com/RevGarb