David wrote:
On 18/10/12 11:18, David Lyon wrote:
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 11:14 AM, <kfos...@tpg.com.au> wrote:

What does 12W translate to in $ terms for 12 months use, knowing that most
PC's are not switched off at work.

That seem low. However, 12W adds up.

I generally use a laptop and external monitor (with separate power source).
which raises the idea of charging at offpeak (reducing demand for power
generation - or perhaps for effectively dealing with spikes from
Wind/Solar Power or where power is unreliable.

I assume that the screen is most of the cost for electricity.

Here's a link that I find by google:

  - http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/computers.html

I did some very rough numbers using this guy's site... it seems like I need to turn the lights off more! I think you get better savings by going to LED light bulbs.

LED Lighting should be a high priority and there is some very rapid
evolution happening in that space. I have been gathering info into a guide at
<http://www.ramin.com.au/eco-sydney/LED-Lighting-guide.shtml>

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz