Happy New Year Patrick,

Seem Brother is the way to go!

I got the "PIPS" with EPSON
as I couldn't find the dregs in CUPS
and nothing printed
With a "little" guidance,
I have now seen the light
of a Brother Laser.

The simplest way to get it to work with Linux is to choose a compatible
per-installed driver, such as for the Brother MFC- 9600 Foomatic/hl 1250.
Assuming this printer has a full cartridge, printing a couple of pages a week,
it would last about 20 years.
<http://blog.tomw.net.au/2013/01/using-old-printers.html>

Marghanita