On 01/30/2013 06:07 PM, Trevor D. Manning wrote:
Hi Sluggers,

I am curious if anybody on this list has used one of these units with
DAW software such as Ardour, for example, and what their experience has
been.

I've not used this particular hardware but I've often had problems with setting my Edirol USB device and being able to layer tracks and listen while record. I think part of the problem is (was?) setting up a real time kernel.

I use Linux as a general purpose box so I haven't geared it to a DAW so much (as I would have wanted).

There was a guru on the Melbourne or LUV group (I forget which) who appeared to know a great deal about using Linux professionally as a DAW - perhaps search their archives.

Cheers