You didn't say which area you are in.

I have two accounts with Westnet (now part of iinet) and have consistently good customer service although I haven't price shopped. Good service means that you don't get left on hold for hours, you get the option for a call back when they are busy, and when you do get through they actually have a clue. They even know that linux exists! The last time a help-desk chick didn't know something she did the unthinkable - she put me through to someone else who *did* know. Oh, and they speak english.

I got caught up with PeopleTelecom in a business context once and they were awful. YMMV.