I use an odroid u2 as a server at home. It has the same problem as the pi
with usb ethernet and disk.
but it's fast enough to watch videos over wifi, so that's all I care about.

there are pi like boards that have sata, but the one I saw around the same
time I bought the odroid
had only one sata port, and I needed 2 or more. If i was going to use it
for a small business server,
i would want 2 sata ports for raid1.

odroid u2 is about $100 usd, quad core arm cpu, quad core gpu, and 2GB ram.
looks awesome, very few
cases available for it, but that wasn't important to me. It's basically a
short business card size pcb
mounted onto a heatsink. has an option for a fan for hot environments and
overclocking, but it runs fine without,
and has an option for what I think they call emmc storage, which from what
I can gather is really fast storage
with a micro sd interface. With emmc it compiles a kernel in a few minutes.

It runs on 5v 1amp (needs a 2amp PS for headroom and to power usb devices)

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM, David Lyon <david.lyon.preissh...@gmail.com