On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM, David Lyon
<david.lyon.preissh...@gmail.com>wrote:

> It's probably much easier to just use the network port that's already
> available on the Raspberry-Pi.

or maybe rs232, then you can use ppp.

> You could buy a hub/switch and some RJ45 cable and it would be done in a
> few minutes.
>
> One interesting benefit is that you could run USBIP which is USB sharing
> for Linux over
> TCP/IP. Something I've always wanted to try.

That will come in handy. I've got a dell/samsung(I think) printer connected
to my
odroid, which is arm. Unfortunately it seems to require a binary driver
which is
only available for i386 and amd64.

I tried using qemu to emulate i386, and with debian's multiarch support it
was surprisingly
simple to get going, unfortunately arm qemu is missing a piece of
functionality (futex) that
the binary driver needs. So usbip might be the way to go.

--
http://www.linuxsupportsydney.com.au