On 09/29/2013 10:03 PM, Jiří Baum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Friday's meeting, the idea was floated that SLUG should perhaps run a
> beginner workshop or installfest or something of that sort, perhaps as a
> once-off, perhaps regularly (monthly?). We are wondering whether there
> would be general interest in such a concept and (if so) what precise
> shape that it should take.
>
> Any comments?

When I first joined SLUG we had regular install-fests and config-fests.
This was a good system that introduced many new people to Linux and
helped them get up and running. If we decide to do these again we may
need to theme them.
I would be willing to become involved if it/they happened at a time that
I was in Sydney.

Heracles