On 11/24/13, Jiří Baum <j...@baum.com.au> wrote:
> I need to rename 100,448 files in bzr, but running "bzr mv" 100,448
> times is taking too long. Anybody know if there's some sort of
> multi-move?

I only know git sorry. If there is any similarity, then some
assumptions needs to be provided by you, eg how are the files
structured (one directory, or multiple?), what depth of directories?,
and how are you doing a single rename?

If you are in an overly flat hierarchy, then your problem may well be
lower level, at the filesystem layer, and using say ZFS or BTRFS (?)
may have better directory-traversing algorithms for dirs with enormous
numbers of files.

If export-to-git (eg apt-cache show git-bzr bzr-git) and back to bzr
is quick enough (probably not) that might be a way.

Perhaps figure a quick way in bash (with find or some such) and
perhaps bzr can then auto-delete the "old" files and auto-add the
"new" (renamed) files (ie, with a single bzr command)..

Basically, not enough info to help you properly sorry (and I don't know bzr).

Good luck,
Zenaan

PS: you might try stackoverflow dot com or whatever it's called
(google site search may be useful etc).