On 03/12/13 08:15, pe...@chubb.wattle.id.au wrote:
"Heracles" == Heracles  <herac...@iprimus.com.au> writes:
Heracles> I recently had a problem and had to replace my motherboard
Heracles> and cpu. After the replacement the system would not boot. It
Heracles> came up with a console and the following:

Heracles> No such device:3c7c2249-34ed-484d-9e36-bd40223e1c34
grub>

Grub has the UUID of its partition (where the /boot/grub2 lives) hard
coded into its image.  If you can do
       update-grub
       grub-install /dev/sda
in the new environment it'll probably fix it.

Peter C

Thanks Peter,

I tried the Super Grub disk for Grub2 and it allowed me to boot the system but would not fix the grub problem. I then downloaded the "Boot Fix" program for Linux and, thankfully, it fixed the problem. I tried update-grub but forgot the "grub-install /dev/sda". Must be old age setting in!

Heracles