On Sun, December 15, 2013 11:39 am, Gavin Carr wrote:

Gavin, Ben,

thanks

> You generally shouldn't have both epel and rpmforge enabled, as they'll
> frequently conflict. Try disabling one or other (set enabled=0 in the
> relevant repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d) and try it again.
>
> You can also test by doing 'yum update --disablerepo=rpmforge' or 'yum

it was epel that progressed with no error, I guess I'll disable rpmforge
at this point

> to see which seems to give you the better
> outcome here. But I'd still recommend disabling one of them long-term, or
> you'll see this kind of thing a lot.

I think that's perhaps how it got messed up in the first place, thanks for
detailed pointers, looking better already:

now I can try to get amavis working again (suspect above problem broke it)

# yum update --disablerepo=rpmforge
...//...
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
...//...
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Dependencies Resolved
....//...
Updated:
  clamav.x86_64 0:0.98-2.el6            clamav-db.x86_64 0:0.98-2.el6
  clamd.x86_64 0:0.98-2.el6

Complete!