On Tue, December 17, 2013 11:19 pm, Amos Shapira wrote:
> In your initial message about "socket disappear" you were looking for
> /var/spool/amavisd/clamd.sock,
> that's a different path to the one we see here
> "/var/run/clamav/clamd.sock", perhaps you have to update the path in the
> client.

Amos, thanks

yes, after initial fails, I've taken conf files from another server (where
clamd and amavisd always worked) and, tried to mirror it's setup, that's
why I the path to socket altered, to match the other server

I'm also trying to get an original set of conf files of a similar iRedMail
server, as this server definitely worked, and, I'm guessing an update to
clam contributed to this problem.(?)

thanks for all your help