Hi,

Looks OK. Try testing with echo instead of mail; email delays can be easily
more than 4 minutes, which could be confusing things.

Jiri

Sent from Samsung Mobile
0413 183 117

but, I would like to delay execution under certain condition, when it says
'delay'

so, I've introduced 'if grep delay' loop below with sleep 240
I've received 'detected' email, so, grep was OK, and loop was entered
BUT, final 'done' email was received pretty well immediately, it seems

can I use 'sleep' like I did to delay script processing ?

=====

#!/bin/bash
/snip/

    if [ -s /home/voytek/test/part2 ] ; then

        if grep -q "test" part2; then
            if grep 'delay' part2; then
              echo "wait 4min"
              mail -s "detected" voytek@... < test.txt