On 1 September 2014 16:07, Jake Anderson <ya...@vapourforge.com> wrote:
> Is this perhaps linked to a domain or anything like that?

Yes good point. Since this seems to be something to do with samba
shares, the user '3000000' is probably the uidNumber of a user in a
windows domain.

Linux can use AD as an LDAP server if you want to set it up. I think
you also need 'services for Unix' or something setup in your AD as
well. With that setup, the getent command will see the username/UID
mappings.

You can also find out the username associated with UIDnumber 3000000
by doing an LDAP query on AD.

ldapsearch -x -h ad-server uidNumber=3000000

But, that just the simplest query. A lot more needs to setup like
default DN info. Also you will probably have to bind the the AD server
as a user [-D binddn] [-w password] switches for the query to work.
And this all assumes you have the 'services for Unix' installed on
your AD server.

There may be a simple samba like way to do things that I don't know.

--
Norman Gaywood, Computer Systems Officer
University of New England, Armidale,

ngayw...@une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://mcs.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312

Please avoid sending me Word or Power Point attachments.