Hi Heracles,

I'm not sure whether you are still looking for a solution but I got
the same issue where the symptoms are frequent and random hangs for
about 10 - 30 seconds while rest of the system and chrome browser
functions normally. I believe that I got it resolved with a firefox
refresh feature.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings#
I did not see any Firefox hangs for about 4 days after refresh so I
think Firefox Refresh is worth to try to resolve your issue.

hope it helps

Lubos