Hi, Dustin.

We use GlusterFS for homes and shared data directories in our cluster.
We're relatively light users (5-10 users, maybe a dozen jobs per day).

My general GlusterFS recommendations (nothing to do with SLURM) would be:
     - If you want speed, use MANY physical nodes (ie 5-10 2U machines
with 20-30TB of disks)
     - When you use mirrored volumes, the client is responsible for
mirroring (effectively halves bandwidth to send copies to both mirrors)
     - Gigabit Ethernet will be "slow" (even if you do link aggregation)
because individual TCP flows cannot exceed 1Gbps
     - ... but with many clients and many servers you will see more
return on aggregated 1GbE links as channel capacity can be 2Gbps (2 *
1GbE), or more
     - Use CentOS 6 or RHEL 6; GlusterFS doesn't really care what you
use... but it's a Red Hat product and it just works *so* well with
RHEL-based distros

Hope that helps.

Alan

--