Hey,

I wanted to make it easy for my users to use SLURM, so I wrote a wrapper
script that makes it dead simple to get an interactive shell on our
cluster.  Some of our users write batch scripts, but most of them just want
to run something "right now", like R, BLAST, etc.  For those users learning
what the hell "salloc -n1 srun --x11 --pty" means (or remembering it!) is
really asking too much.

The script allows them to easier ask for more CPUs, give a job name, switch
partitions, etc, and it also forwards X11 (using the SPANK plugin) if
$DISPLAY is set.

The source code is on my github account[0].  I've licensed it under the
GPLv3.  Feel free to use it and or suggest improvements.  Also, I've
written about how we use it on my blog[1].

Cheers,

[0]
https://github.com/alanorth/hpc_infrastructure_scripts/blob/master/slurm/interactive
[1] http://mjanja.co.ke/2013/08/interactive-script-for-slurm/