Hi

We were hoping for a quick set up of accounting on our current cluster
(slurm 2.5.4) to gather some stats about how much memory folks are using.
 To that end, I've set:

JobAcctGatherFrequency=30
JobAcctGatherType=jobacct_gather/linux

along with setting up the storage:

AccountingStorageType=accounting_storage/filetxt
AccountingStorageLoc=/var/log/slurm-llnl/slurmacct.log

The plugins seem to load correctly, and I see (on the slurmd) debug
messages indicating that values are being collected by the plugin.  My test
job is a very simple shell script that does a bunch of factorials, so I
think it's behaving in a manner that can be tracked by the plugin.

However- sacct doesn't show anything beyond the very basic records.  It
only shows job ID, name, partition, alloc CPUs, elapsed time, exit status,
and exit code.

I did see in the slurm.conf manpage that the filetxt backend "... records only
a limited subset of accounting information"- is memory and frequency data
some of the records omitted in filetxt? Or have I got something else wrong?

Thanks all

Michael