We ended up working around our needs by writing a program that provided users with the appropriate settings.

It may be something to consider for future releases of slurm to be able to automatically use any available and valid account given a user-partition request, or allow administrators to set a default account for each user-partition combination.

Best,
Jesse Stroik
University of Wisconsin