You should have all of your nodes defined in the file.

For example, here's an excerpt from my test cluster. Every node gets the
exact same file.

# COMPUTE NODES
NodeName=electro-n1e0 CPUs=8 RealMemory=11264 State=UNKNOWN
NodeName=electro-n[5-10]   CPUs=8 RealMemory=63488 State=UNKNOWN Feature=avx
NodeName=electro-n[11-12] CPUs=8 REalMemory=11264 State=UNKNOWN
#
PartitionName=normal
Nodes=electro-n[5-12],electro-n1e0,electro-n2e0,electro-n3e0,electro-n4e0
Default=YES State=UP

--
Ian Logan
Virtualization and Unix Systems Administrator