From: John Hearns [mailto:john.hea...@xma.co.uk]
Sent: 24 May 2016 07:26
To: slurm-dev <slurm-dev@schedmd.com>
Subject: [slurm-dev] Time limit on compute nodes?

Last night I was running an Openfoam job which failed with a message about a
time limit on comp13:

Time = 23.2

DILUPBiCG:  Solving for Ux, Initial residual = 0.00934715, Final residual =
3.76516e-05, No Iterations 3
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for Uy, Initial residual = 0.00214164, Final residual =
2.31061e-06, No Iterations 4
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for Uz, Initial residual = 0.00777681, Final residual =
6.03314e-05, No Iterations 3
DILUPBiCG:  Solving for e, Initial residual = 0.00417167, Final residual =
1.34667e-05, No Iterations 3
slurmstepd: *** JOB 313 CANCELLED AT 2016-05-23T19:08:44 DUE TO TIME LIMIT on
comp13 ***

However as far as I can see there is no limit on the partition it ran in:

PARTITION AVAIL  TIMELIMIT  NODES  STATE NODELIST

defq*        up   infinite      7   idle comp[05,07-08,13-16]

Have I managed to set a time limit on comp13 somehow?
The job submission script has not time limit that I see.
and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Employees of XMA Ltd are
expressly required not to make defamatory statements and not to infringe or
authorise any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by email
communications. Any such communication is contrary to company policy and
outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned. The company
will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and the
employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other
liability arising. XMA Limited is registered in England and Wales (registered
no. 2051703). Registered Office: Wilford Industrial Estate, Ruddington Lane,
Wilford, Nottingham, NG11 7EP