commit 064cdb5eb6ea95ca23b1d5118b96dd04aa4c7e06
Author: David Bigagli <da...@schedmd.com>
Date:   Thu Aug 14 14:39:41 2014 -0700

    If using -u/unbuffered set the stdout of the task to be
    line buffered.

https://github.com/SchedMD/slurm/commit/064cdb5eb6ea95ca23b1d5118b96dd04aa4c7e06

See also this change:

commit 7cd67bca7c0d4ca626af67f724928db797ecf88b
Author: David Bigagli <da...@schedmd.com>
Date:   Mon Mar 9 15:10:32 2015 -0700

    Update srun man page.

https://github.com/SchedMD/slurm/commit/7cd67bca7c0d4ca626af67f724928db797ecf88b

Best regards,
Dorian

On 01/10/2017 06:58 PM, Manuel Rodríguez Pascual wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I was facing the same issue, but I was worried that it was because
> something missconfigured or whatever. Did you receive an
> answer/explanation from anybody?
>

> Cheers,
>

> Manuel

>> Hi Y'all,
>>
>> Historically, our users often use srun from their console windows so that
>> they can watch the progress of their jobs. When we transitioned from 16.05.0
>> to 16.05.7, we discovered that jobs submitted from the console with srun
>> were buffering their output until the jobs completed, causing a number of
>> jobs to be canceled because their users thought that they had hung!
>>
>> We have found that specifying "--unbuffered" or setting SLURM_UNBUFFEREDIO=1
>> will remedy this problem, but we were surprised to encounter it in the first
>> place. Was this an intentional change in functionality?
>>
>> Andy
>>
>> --
>> Andy Riebs
>> andy.ri...@hpe.com
>> Hewlett-Packard Enterprise
>> High Performance Computing Software Engineering
>> +1 404 648 9024
>> My opinions are not necessarily those of HPE
>>     May the source be with you!

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich