(Ryan Novosielski, Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 02:16:07PM -0800:)
> I actually just answered this question the other day. Take a look in
> the archives. The gist of it appears to be that slurmdbd will fix that
> address to be whatever address slurmctld uses to connect to it.

Many thanks Ryan, this was exactly the problem!  We had
`StorageAccountingHost=(hostname which resolves to hosts' eth0 addr)`

I totally missed your post from January 4 in my Google searches; perhaps
keywords didn't match or perhaps Google is not showing matches from
googlegroups.com prominently...

Anyway, for future reference, here's the link to Ryan's solution:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/slurm-devel/VJgQMGmRlQA/09VTjQxFBQAJ

Thanks again,
Riccardo

--
Riccardo Murri, Schwerzenbacherstrasse 2, CH-8606 Nänikon, Switzerland