Hello everyone,

I need some advice or some good practices as I'm a new SLURM's
administrator. in fact a new cluster manager !

Everything is OK, jobs running well etc. But now I would like to configure
priority on jobs to improve the efficiency of my cluster. I see I have to
activate "Multifactor Priority plugin" to get rid of the FIFO's default
behavior of SLURM.

So there are 6 factors and the fair share one is interesting me but do you
some advices ? I'm managing a small cluster (I think), 40 nodes, with 4
different generations (and different hardware) and I would like to optimize
it. For now I set 4 partitions, 1 per generation that may be not the best
solution ?

Do you think I can just use the "job size" and "partition" and maybe the
"age" factors ? Maybe you need more information ?

In any case thanks for your help

David