Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out a way to set environment variables into the
environment that a Slurm job runs in, depending on the characteristics of the
job.

Here's the background:  our new cluster has Omni-Path interconnect, which uses
hardware contexts that are associated with each MPI process or rank on the
node.  We allow node sharing and in some cases when there are multiple MPI jobs
on the same node (don't askā€¦) one job apparently uses up too many contexts and
the other job crashes.

So I'd like to set the PSM2_SHAREDCONTEXTS_MAX environment variable to an
appropriate value for each job based on the number of cores or contexts
available on the node and the number of cores requested by the job.  Presumably
the job_submit script would be the logical place to do this but I can't figure
out how to set environment variables for the job in it.

Any suggestions if this is the right track?  Other ideas?

Thanks,
Pete Ruprecht
CU-Boulder Research Computing