Dear all,

where can I tell Slurm what core numbers belong to the same physical core?

The physical cores on our KNL are 0-63, followed by hyperthreads 64-255.
  cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/topology/thread_siblings_list
  0,64,128,192

When I ask for 4 cores with "srun --pty -c 4 -p knl bash" I see:
   taurusknl1 /home/mark taskset -pc $$
   pid 285662's current affinity list: 0,64,128,192
but these are not 4 cores but only one core!

It looks like Slurm does not recognize the numbering scheme for the
cores on the node. Where can I specify this?

Thank you,
Ulf

"scontrol show node " says:
   CoreSpecCount=1 CPUSpecList=252-255
this, again, are 4 threads on 4 different cores!

This is my node entry for this guy:
NodeName=taurusknl[1] Sockets=1 CoresPerSocket=64 ThreadsPerCore=4
State=UNKNOWN RealMemory=94000 Weight=64 CoreSpecCount=1

Dr. Ulf Markwardt

Technische Universität Dresden
Center for Information Services and High Performance Computing (ZIH)
01062 Dresden, Germany

Phone: (+49) 351/463-33640      WWW:  http://www.tu-dresden.de/zih