Hi Daniel,

Daniel Ruiz Molina <daniel.r...@caos.uab.es> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm adding user to accounts in accounting information. However, some users in
> my
> system have capital letters and when I try to add them to their account,
> sacctmgr returns this message: "There is no uid for user 'MY_USER' Are you
> sure
> you want to continue?".
> Then, if I click "y", user is added to its accounting but its name has been
> changed to all lower case (I could check with "sacctmgr list user" and
> "sacctmgr
> list account"), so I suppose there is no relationship between real user (with
> capital letters) and the user "modified" in sacctmgr.
>
> How could I solve this (avoiding, of course, change user names in system)?
>
> Thanks.

As it says in the man page for 'sacctmgr':

  user   The login name. Only lowercase usernames are supported.

If you are importing the usernames from another system, you could filter
them in some way.  We import from a central university LDAP server to our
own LDAP server and can thus tweak the attributes or add attributes,
such as 'loginShell'.

Cheers,

Loris

--