Maybe setup a test account and try with simply update on database:
update clustername_assoc_table set  acct="new" where id_assoc=YOURASSOCID ?

I haven't checked the details, but I think that only id_assoc may be used
as foreign key, or assumed to be a key in slurm and acct should only be a
string used to display the name human being can understand.

I'm neither sure, nor haven't tested this.

cheers,
Marcin