Hello List,
I'm trying to help clients schedule GPU jobs where it is needed that the clients can utilize their GPUs to the full. With using their GPUs to the full I mean each GPU is occupied with a GPU job independent of possible interference of other jobs or inefficiency of inter GPU communication. So the client has a 3 node cluster, with 2 nodes containing 4x nvidia p100 GPUs, and 1 node containing 4x nvidia k40 GPUs. My client wants to be able to allocate ONLY the needed number of GPUs to his job. This is possible for as long as the job doesn't need more then the number of GPUs in one node. If this client wants to allocate 5 GPUs, I'm not able to allocate 4 GPU's on one node and 1 GPU on a second... Does slurm have a solution for this problem?

Best regards,
Geert