AFAIK, sbatch and friends don't allow "preferences" when submitting jobs to multiple "clusters/partitions". Theoretically you could define a different QOS for each workload, but either that QOS would be valid for all nodes/partitions, or it would be the same as submitting to a single partition (group of nodes).

The other mechanism allowing some preferential treatment of nodes is "WEIGHT", but this one is generic to all jobs - all jobs would prefer the higher wight nodes, and I don't know of a qos that can add weight to nodes, to be assigned to both a job and a partition to bridge that gap.

I think building a qos extension would be the "best" generic solution, but not necessarily the easiest to implement.