yes , it's clear

But , I have read the guide several times and I could not know the coorect one.

Can you please help me with that ?

Thank you

Eman

________________________________
من: Lachlan Musicman <data...@gmail.com>
‏‏تم الإرسال: 10/صفر/1439 02:45 ص
إلى: slurm-dev
‏‏الموضوع: [slurm-dev] Re: Slurm and parallel java libaray pj2

On 30 October 2017 at 10:04, ايمان
<435204...@student.ksu.edu.sa<mailto:435204...@student.ksu.edu.sa>> wrote:

I am programming a parallel program that use parallel java library pj2 .

I want to run it using slurm but I did not know if slurm support this library.

And what is the correct commands to run java on cluster

Thank you
Eman

Hi Eman,

SLURM is a way to manage a large number of resources across any number of
servers.

If the software you want to run is installed on those servers or in a place
that those servers can execute it (like your home directory for instance), then
with SLURM you can:

 - request any number of resources (depending on the restrictions that SLURM
managers put in place), like "please give me 20 CPUs and 20GB memory".
 - you can then run your software on the resulting allocation, using whatever
system pj2 has in place to utilise those resources. From the documentation I
found, it looks like you would use java pj2 [cores=cores]

Does that make things clearer?

Cheers
L.

------
"The antidote to apocalypticism is apocalyptic civics. Apocalyptic civics is
the insistence that we cannot ignore the truth, nor should we panic about it.
It is a shared consciousness that our institutions have failed and our
ecosystem is collapsing, yet we are still here — and we are creative agents who
can shape our destinies. Apocalyptic civics is the conviction that the only way
out is through, and the only way through is together. "

Greg Bloom @greggish https://twitter.com/greggish/status/873177525903609857