That’s the first limit I placed on our cluster, and it has generally worked out
well (never used a job limit). A single account can get 1000 CPU-days in
whatever distribution they want. I’ve just added a root-only ‘expedited’ QOS
for times when the cluster is mostly idle, but a few users have jobs that run
past the TRES limit. But I really like the idea of a preemptable QOS that the
users can put their extra jobs into on their own.

--
Mike Renfro  / HPC Systems Administrator, Information Technology Services
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Tech University