Hi,

On 7/12/2018 6:23 PM, Bjørn-Helge Mevik wrote:
Raymond Wan <rwan.w...@gmail.com> writes:

However, a more general question... I thought there is no fool-proof
way to watch the amount of memory a job is using.  What if within the
script they ran another program using "nohup", for example.  Wouldn't
slurm be unable to include the memory usage of that program?

If you use jobacct_gather/cgroup, slurm (via cgroups) will count the
memory of all processes in the cgroup, and I don't think a regular user
is able to move any processes outside the current cgroup (or start a
process outside from a process inside).

Oh... I see. I never looked into cgroups before. I will read more about it if it helps me solve one of the problems that's been bugging me.

Thank you!

Ray